Redsminorleagues.com

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Milb.com Top 50 prospect Preview

Friday Minorleaguebaseball.com will be having its Top 50 Prospect show online. They do 2 rankings each year, pre-season and then after the season. The pre-season list only had 1 Reds prospect on it....Homer Bailey. Homer came in at #32. After the season some guys put up, I would imagine that there will be 3 Reds in the top 50. Joey Votto somewhere between 35-50, Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce will both be between 5 and 15. I think I am going to take this time to put up a guess at what I think their rankings will look like come Friday for the top 10.
1. Alex Gordon - Kansas City 3B
2. Delmon Young - Tampa Bay OF
3. Brandon Wood - LAA SS
4. Philip Hughes - New York SP
5. Homer Bailey - Cincinnati SP
6. Troy Tulowitzki - Colorado SS
7. Cameron Maybin - Detroit OF
8. Matt Garza - Minnesota SP
9. Jay Bruce - Cincinnati SP
10. Justin Upton - Arizona OF

Now a few things about that.
1. That is not my top 10 list, its what I think theirs will be.
2. That is guessing that Daisuke Matsuzaka is not considered eligible for the list and Matt Garza is. If Garza is not, bump him off, move Bruce and Upton up one slot each and Billy Butler becomes #10.
3. I personally cant wait to see what their list is.