Redsminorleagues.com

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Joe Nuxhall on Homer Bailey

Not sure how I missed this, but I did. This is from the Dayton Daily News on the 4th:

"I'm saying right now, I think he's going to be in the starting rotation," Nuxhall said of the 20-year-old Bailey, the Reds' most promising prospect who was almost untouchable at Class AA Chattanooga last season.

Narron has said Bailey most likely will start the season at Class AAA Louisville in the Reds' minor league system.

"The big thing that has to happen, he has to show consistency with his breaking ball and off-speed pitches," said the 78-year-old Nuxhall, former Reds pitcher and radio broadcaster, probably the most beloved sports celebrity in Southwest Ohio.

"If he shows that consistency during spring training," Nuxhall added, "I'm predicting he'll be there."

You can read the entire article by clicking here.